After such a long time i now found the time to update the streaming,rolandradio.net server and added a cron job to update the SSL certificate on a monthly base, so it shall not happen anymore that the streaming server is running out of its https capabilities and mini player on www.rolandradio.net doesnt streams audio in chrome and other paranoid browsers 😀
Today i was in the Radio studio checking the network and adding a new WLAN Access Point. After searching for the equipment for a while I remembered that we put everything under the ceiling. And there we now also placed the new (but old) access point. After some stress with its configuration it is working fine and now we can use WLAN and also will have a guest network for visitors in the studio.
I am rebuilding the whole RolandRadio-System. New Server, new radio automation software, new homepage, new functionality. New everything.
First we have bought a completely new radio automation hardware. Some nice “games-pc”. All this modern stuff like SSDs, HDMI, 8.1 soundcard and everything build in an very very old 19 inch full-metal rack-case from the late 90s. Heavy stuff but horrible fast. Running Windows 10 and mairList 6.2 Professional for the radio automation. And a new monitor, keyboard and mouse. Total cost for this setup? Roundabout 600 euros for the hardware and about 1400 euros for the software. 2000 euros in total.
Thats what i call a nice hobby 🙂 But hopefully this invest will help run RolandRadio for the next ten years or so. The old system runs 24/7 since 2013 and is still running, but the mainboard is weak and reboots are kind of gamble. So new hardware is needed.
I’ve set up the hardware a few days ago and today i temporarily installed mairlist, the license, imported the database of the old (and still running) RolandRadio and started to clean things up to have a nice and stable chiptune-radio-station.
Also i have tested the stream and set up a new beta streaming-mountpoint on streaming.rolandradio.net called rolandradio2020. My own streaming server is running since the beginning and I should also update this server and add some https-protocol to it. But that’s hopefully the last thing i will do on this project later thisor next year.
So thats it for the moment. If you want to participate in any way on RolandRadio i will be happy to hear from you,
At the moment i build a new rolandradio.net radio station annd also move the whole old radio station data and music files to a new server system.
as the old radio station server conatins a lot of music not fitting the concept of rolandradio.net i first migrated all data, converted the database into the new mairlist 6.2 format and after that deleted all unwanted sound-files from my drive. Now i am deleting the obsolete database entries. This takes horrible long. As the path of the drive changed the database-manager tries to detect the file, times out and deletes the entry in the database. Nearly two hours of wasted time 🙂