I am rebuilding the whole RolandRadio-System. New Server, new radio automation software, new homepage, new functionality. New everything.
First we have bought a completely new radio automation hardware. Some nice “games-pc”. All this modern stuff like SSDs, HDMI, 8.1 soundcard and everything build in an very very old 19 inch full-metal rack-case from the late 90s. Heavy stuff but horrible fast. Running Windows 10 and mairList 6.2 Professional for the radio automation. And a new monitor, keyboard and mouse. Total cost for this setup? Roundabout 600 euros for the hardware and about 1400 euros for the software. 2000 euros in total.
Thats what i call a nice hobby 🙂 But hopefully this invest will help run RolandRadio for the next ten years or so. The old system runs 24/7 since 2013 and is still running, but the mainboard is weak and reboots are kind of gamble. So new hardware is needed.
I’ve set up the hardware a few days ago and today i temporarily installed mairlist, the license, imported the database of the old (and still running) RolandRadio and started to clean things up to have a nice and stable chiptune-radio-station.
Also i have tested the stream and set up a new beta streaming-mountpoint on streaming.rolandradio.net called rolandradio2020. My own streaming server is running since the beginning and I should also update this server and add some https-protocol to it. But that’s hopefully the last thing i will do on this project later thisor next year.
So thats it for the moment. If you want to participate in any way on RolandRadio i will be happy to hear from you,
At the moment i build a new rolandradio.net radio station annd also move the whole old radio station data and music files to a new server system.
as the old radio station server conatins a lot of music not fitting the concept of rolandradio.net i first migrated all data, converted the database into the new mairlist 6.2 format and after that deleted all unwanted sound-files from my drive. Now i am deleting the obsolete database entries. This takes horrible long. As the path of the drive changed the database-manager tries to detect the file, times out and deletes the entry in the database. Nearly two hours of wasted time 🙂
So that is a nice project I have supported a bit. Yes I know. It’s SID and not AY. But who cares. I’ve done a few SID-based things long time ago too. Not that good as this little 12 inch vinyl long-play, but who cares.
I was at Net&Work in Frankfurt / Main this weekend and I didn’t liked this event very much. But I met a nice guy also making music on Apple Mac with Logic X and so we talked a little. And after returning home I was in the mood for checking my synthesizers if they still work 🙂 And they do. So this is about one hour work in my little studio.
At Evoke 2018 i have done three things to participate at the competitions. First a picture, ranked 13th of 22 at the Freestyle Graphics Compo and a CPC Soundtrakker tune, I uploaded as MP3/OGG entry, because there was no tracker combo 🙁 My MP3-Version of the tracked music did not made it through the preselection :-D.
Here is the picture. As I had no graphics Program on my laptop (deleted all for music stuff for holidays) and didn’t get into GIMP fast enough so I used my iPad and ProCreate to do that thing. As I lost my Apple Pencil all was done “by Hand” 🙂
Me and my husband Marcus. Picture taken by Octoate
To be the only German on a French CPC-Party is not that weird as I expected, A lot of the French CPC-guys speak English and they use it. So understanding was not that problem at all.
I tested STarKos-Tracker and found some irritating bugs, but Thargan made clear, those are features and he will not code them away 🙂 So I found some nice “hidden” features instead. To participate on the music competition, I used Soundtrakker on which I remembered all of the shortcuts and also how to switch the info-slices on the software. So I made a nice little sound. I expected to get under the top three at the competition and as I was the only one who take part at the competition I surprisingly made the third place. Yay! Better than at the revision 🙂 I’m a happy Kangaroo.
Oh, have I mentioned, that my car broke and had an engine error. So first as I arrived in Coutances I went to the local Ford dealer, and with hands and feet I declared my car broken 🙂 And they checked it and repaired it within 40 minutes. Lucky me. 50 Euros and a “Zündkerze” later everything was well again.
Der letzte Mensch von Ludwig Ferdinand Schnorr von Carolsfeld
It’s the fifth time that i am participating at the streaming music competition at Revision Easter-Party. Most of the entries are kind of Dance, Techno or other kind of “umz umz umz”-music. I prefer to do something other. This year I submitted a song called “Jesus died for us to party” which was inspired by a discussion about Jesus and God i had with cosowi / Plush last year. The song was played first and reached the 8th place.
Altogether 27 pieces were submitted, so that my result is not so bad. Unfortunately it was also this year that the big screen only reached the 7th place and so my name was again not on the wall 🙂
Here is the YouTube video of the Revision Streaming Music Competition 2018