If you use an older Version of mySQL or MariaDB Laravel throws an error on the first migration on your database. Thats cause the defaultStringLentth needs to be set to a maximum length of 191 characters.
A friend recommended Audirvana and I wanted to try this music management and player system. Unfortunately the download of the app didn’t work because the system on which I wanted to install it doesn’t have an installation of the Microsoft App Store. Audirvana doesn’t offer a proper .EXE, so there is nothing left to do but to trick something.
Nevertheless, the appinstaller file with the name “AudirvanaSetup.appinstaller” is downloaded. Open it ini a texteditor and you will get something like this:
As spammer start flooding my users table with fake-accounts i startet to develop a command for laravel to run in a cron job for deleting all users which didnt verified their email within the last 24 hours.
Everytime i start an update of the whole project it takes hours to upload all the new updated files to my web server.
To avoid a massive downtime for the user without informing them about the status and displaying any errors i just touch a file within the project:
there i add a file called “down” and the site goes into “down-mode” – atfer i finished my work i rename the file to “down-” to bring up the site agein. I configured the Error 503 page to display a nicer version of the error.
Today i updated RolandRadio.net because i had some new packages i wanted to use. On my local Laravel instalation everything worked fine but after uploading the new changed files i got an error:
Error Class ‘Illuminate\Database\Grammar’ not found
I didn’t figured out how to fix this and suggested that it has soething to do with updates of laravel that occured during my development and so the local laravel version and the version on my webserver where different.
After uploading all the files again completely instead of only the different ones the website worked again. Maybe my FTP-Client has messed up some files. As the Upload of those files takes about 2,5 hours i should think about using GIT to avoid those long downtime and commit my changes more often to the GIT repository then.
Because of the Corona pandemic I finally have time to take care of my little RolandRadio and since the beginning of March the project is making great progress. New servers, new homepage and the complete development from one source. If I used to use WordPress I now use Laravel and the possibility to implement new functions by myself. And I learn programming on the side.
Today i was in the Radio studio checking the network and adding a new WLAN Access Point. After searching for the equipment for a while I remembered that we put everything under the ceiling. And there we now also placed the new (but old) access point. After some stress with its configuration it is working fine and now we can use WLAN and also will have a guest network for visitors in the studio.
I am rebuilding the whole RolandRadio-System. New Server, new radio automation software, new homepage, new functionality. New everything.
First we have bought a completely new radio automation hardware. Some nice “games-pc”. All this modern stuff like SSDs, HDMI, 8.1 soundcard and everything build in an very very old 19 inch full-metal rack-case from the late 90s. Heavy stuff but horrible fast. Running Windows 10 and mairList 6.2 Professional for the radio automation. And a new monitor, keyboard and mouse. Total cost for this setup? Roundabout 600 euros for the hardware and about 1400 euros for the software. 2000 euros in total.
Thats what i call a nice hobby 🙂 But hopefully this invest will help run RolandRadio for the next ten years or so. The old system runs 24/7 since 2013 and is still running, but the mainboard is weak and reboots are kind of gamble. So new hardware is needed.
I’ve set up the hardware a few days ago and today i temporarily installed mairlist, the license, imported the database of the old (and still running) RolandRadio and started to clean things up to have a nice and stable chiptune-radio-station.
Also i have tested the stream and set up a new beta streaming-mountpoint on streaming.rolandradio.net called rolandradio2020. My own streaming server is running since the beginning and I should also update this server and add some https-protocol to it. But that’s hopefully the last thing i will do on this project later thisor next year.
So thats it for the moment. If you want to participate in any way on RolandRadio i will be happy to hear from you,